Aleksandr Borodich, the founder of the company Universa Blockchain Platform, has invited applications to the first decentralised blockchain accelerator, urockets.com. The accelerator will be set up and run by the YellowRockets team.
The accelerator is open to startups that use the blockchain technology in their projects and to industry experts. The former will receive investments and expert advice, and the latter real-life challenges from the market and access to Universa Blockchain Platform for tackling them.
“Blockchain being on trend, investors and customers show an interest in solutions based on this technology. The popularity of blockchain notwithstanding, startups are still likely to make common missteps. Acceleration will enable projects to develop faster and improve their market appeal”Aleksandr Borodich, the founder of Universa Blockchain Platform
Accelerator will have 3 stages:
- Applications will be received online at urockets.com until 31 December;
- PreCamp (dates to be updated);
- After PreCamp, the best blockchain startups in Russia will join the accelerator’s on-site activities.
As reported earlier, the protocol and the blockchain platform to build business applications, Universa Blockchain Platform, was launched by Aleksandr Borodich to address the challenges of the real economy. The platform provides a service gateway that would automatically accept any incoming electronic documents and output standard outgoing documents based on the rules and logic of smart contracts. For all that, Universa is not a provider of cryptocurrency.
The platform’s benefits:
- 22,000 transactions per second (For comparison: Ethereum 15, Bitcoin 3-6 [thousand] transactions per second);
- Extremely low transaction cost (tens of times cheaper than Ethereum’s);
- Straightforward API for integration with existing business processes;
- A wide range of applications: from software access keys to direct credit transfers between banks.
YellowRockets is building a global startup community and specializes in running acceleration programmes. The company works in coordination with Russian and international venture capital funds, associations of business angels and development think tanks.